Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You wish it....I'll poof it!

This is too cute....I felt it deserved a re-post from my older blog of May 23rd, 2009
you wish it, I'll poof it, a little girl whacking the dandelions

The minute Jenna woke up, she voiced those six words that would echo out of her mouth for the rest of the morning ... “is it time to go yet?” The day started out gloomy and dreary and I was a little doubtful of our departure to the carnival.  Jenna continued to kept on asking throughout the morning “is it time to go yet?”  I replied, “not yet honey, let’s hold out to see if the weather gets better.” She had been talking about going all week long. It was starting to make me a little crazy with the constant questioning. Eventually the six words “is it time to go yet?” turned into “Mom, can we go now?”   Finally the sun started to break through and I said, “ok, let’s go!”  It was a perfect beautiful sunny day for a fun filled day at the carnival.  Against my better judgement, she was even able to drag me onto the “Tilt a Whirl” or what I call “Instant Self Induced Nausea Ride”.  I felt a little sick afterwards but the trade off of being able to see her face light up before the ride was worth it.  We even played a fishing game where she won a  fairy looking wand that was decorated up with thin colorful mylar streamers at each end of the baton. We finally decided to call it a day and started to head back to vehicle.  Jenna was walking ahead of me by a few steps and suddenly she stopped dead in her tracks, she gasps and turns back to look at me and exclaims excitedly “LOOK MOM!” as she is pointing to a huge section of over developed fluffy dandelions that are standing straight as soldiers right by the sidewalk.  I thought to myself....only a child would notice these almost dead plants and be excited about them.  She bursted out “CAN I MOM?”  I replied back to her “Can you do what sweetie?” She exclaimed “Mom, you wish it.....I’ll poof it!”  I thought to myself, now that has got to be one of the cutest sayings ever.... “you wish it, I’ll poof it”.  A kid never stops having fun...why don’t adults enjoy more of these inexpensive simplistic fun moments?  I said to her “your only a kid once.... you go girl, but first let me get the camera out!”  The thrill of anticipation was in her voice “Now mom?”

$25.00 in tickets for carnival rides
$1.50 brat
$2.00 magic wand
$1.50 soda
the moment of joy on a child’s face after whacking the dandelions....
PRICELESS!

*** View the video below for the grand finale of 
“YOU WISH IT, I’LL POOF IT!” 
We do not stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment