Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks

PUMPED UP KICKS MUSIC VIDEO BELOW


Something about this song, I really like...my new fav summer song!  I just had to post it so I'd have a quick link to hear it play.  I'm not too keen on the lyrics but damn, it sure has a catchy tune.  A slick bassline thump and an undeniably hip chorus with some whistling going on.  It is a song where I could see myself jamming to it with head phones on while kicking back on the couch or doing some dance around the living room with my arms swinging around through the air.


I'm not a huge fan of the story behind the lyrics, I don't know why they had to go and put a dark cloud story on an up beat melody of the music.  It kind of ruins the whole fun part of it....which I find to be a huge bummer to a rock'n song.  Their video shows them having fun, full of  smiles and happy go lucky so that does not even jive with the lyrics.  It's so chilled lyrically and light-hearted visually that it is kind of disturbing.  I think that they would of had a higher success percentage of selling recorded copies of songs if they would of sweetened up the story line a bit.  


Even though I really had no idea of what a "Pumped Up Kicks" was, I was okay with that and I liked the sound of it as it sounds cool when you hear it.  My daughter and I had no idea what they were, so we googled it and we are now guessing that they are fancy trendy shoes!  So with that in mind, since we don't know half of what they are singing about....we have changed bullet to bucket (maybe that could be a bike in our mind) when we sing along. In part of the song it sounds like he is saying bucket anyway!  Now that I changed up a few of the lyrics to our own style, we are oblivious to bullets and guns and are happy with our funky summer song....  big smile :)



Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment