Sunday, November 20, 2011

I told you... No Double Spaces After Periods Ever!

Okay, so I am going back to school after the age of forty (*sigh).  I was taught when learning how to type back in high school during the eighties... to double space after the period in a sentence.  I was working with a group of people in my class today that are under the age of 25 and when I contibuted my part of the assignment which was a paragraph of about 5-7 sentences, it had double spaces after the periods (as that is the way I was taught and it is something I do without even thinking about).  I was however corrected by the 'young ones that this style is "odd looking" and "not protocol."  This young guy proceeded to go through my work and "correct it to single spacing."  I personally think it makes it look crammed, probably because I am use to seeing double spacing.  So, I am curious... taking a poll here, how many people here do double spaces and how many do a single space after a period in a sentence?
No Double Spaces After Periods Ever! from Mommy Dearest Typing







Forgive my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment